Company Commercial Legal Assistant
Atkins Dellow Solicitors – Suffolk – Primarily in Sudbury and Bury St Edmunds offices.
As soon as possible
Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Health Care Plan, Generous holiday entitlement
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Provide a welcoming, effective and efficient front-line service to our clients and visitors whilst supporting fee earners.
Atkins Dellow is a forward-thinking firm with a fun, vibrant and hardworking ethos at its heart. We provide a full suite of Property, Commercial, Employment, Family and Private Client services.
Our Head Office and Administration Centre is based in Nowton, Bury St Edmunds. We also have offices and meeting centres in other locations in Suffolk with plans to open more. We’re a dynamic, expanding firm with a great reputation.
We have a reputation for doing a great job while being friendly and personable, not stuffy or pompous, but absolutely focused on looking after our clients’ best interests. Each person is equally important here and every role is essential to the services we provide.
Specific Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Taking instructions from and on-boarding clients
- Communicating with clients and colleagues to ensure exemplary service is delivered
- Supporting fee earners on client matters including file administration, drafting standard documentation and correspondence.
- Answering and dealing with queries, both face to face and via the telephone, taking messages accurately and pass them on to the relevant member of staff
- Assisting in other administrative tasks where required
- Demonstrable relevant experience in a similar client facing environment
- Experience of working in a Law office would be advantageous – particularly in Business Law
- Strong administration skills, well organised and able to multi-task
- Team player with the ability to organise own workload and adapt/prioritise as necessary
- PC proficient especially in Microsoft Office
- Full driving licence
The role will develop depending on the candidate’s capabilities
- Degree or equivalent in Law
- A Levels at Grade C or above
- Confident, professional and personable manner
- Exceptional communicator
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Level headed
- Hard working
- Quick thinker
- Smart appearance
Full time – hours of work are 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday and up to one Saturday in 4 with the preceding Wednesday off in lieu of any Saturday worked.
We are committed to recruiting on merit and suitability for every role, on the basis of qualifications and experience. All applications are considered fairly and equally regardless of sexual orientation, race, disability, religious beliefs, age and any other protected characteristic. We ensure equal opportunity at every stage of the recruitment process.