This role will primarily be based in our offices in Bury St Edmunds, with occasional visits to all our other locations and some working from home (more details on application).
As soon as possible
Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Health Care Plan, Generous holiday entitlement
SUMMARY OF ROLE
As our Compliance Officer you will play a crucial part in making sure that Atkins Dellow is protected from any potentially costly mistakes.
Full time – Flexible/Hybrid Working
Office hours: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday.
The main duties of the role include:
- Overall responsibility for reviewing and maintaining GDPR, AML, CML, Sanctions Lists and SRA regulatory compliance procedures, staff training and monitoring.
- Assisting with AML procedures, and lender panel management.
- Assisting staff with compliance related queries.
- Monitoring routine and random file reviews.
- Helping maintain the firm’s compliance procedures and training manual.
- Investigating and reporting on any suspected breach of applicable standards.
- Supporting and assisting senior management in adherence to applicable laws and regulations as well as to high standards of business and ethical integrity.
- Monitoring and reporting on compliance with changes in applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Risk assessment for high risk escalations, including Money Laundering, Sanctions, Bribery, corruption and internal failings.
- Assist in the development and delivery of training to address the identification and monitoring of high risk clients.
- Reporting to the partners of the firm.
- Experience of compliance and risk within legal services.
- An analytical and enquiring mind.
- Experienced performing compliance control reviews and reporting.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools and reviews.
- Confidence to design and deliver compliance training.
- PC proficient especially in Microsoft Office.
- Full driving licence & own transport is essential for this role.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player with the ability to organise own workload, adapt and prioritise as necessary.
- The ability to work under pressure showing commitment to your colleagues and the firm in general
We offer all employees 25 days holiday plus public holidays (full-time equivalent), pension, health and life insurance.
We are committed to recruiting on merit and suitability for every role, on the basis of qualifications and experience. All applications are considered fairly and equally regardless of sexual orientation, race, disability, religious beliefs, age and any other protected characteristic. We ensure equal opportunity at every stage of the recruitment process.
Atkins Dellow is a forward-thinking law firm with a vibrant and caring ethos at its heart. We provide a full suite of Property, Commercial, Employment, Family and Private Client services.
We’re a dynamic firm with a reputation for doing a great job while being friendly and personable, not stuffy or pompous, but absolutely focused on looking after our clients’ best interests. Each team member is equally important here and every role is essential to the services we provide.