EMPLOYMENT LAW FOR EMPLOYERS
Why Choose Atkins Dellow as your Employment Law Solicitors?
Your first consultation is always on us. No obligation, just get in touch.
Consultations via video call, at our offices or by visit to your home or business.
Clear-cut solutions to put your mind at ease.
We’ll go the extra mile to offer you hassle-free legal advice.
How should I advertise a job?
If you are advertising externally, consider which publications and mediums you are going to use so as to reach the widest range of applicants.
Say that you are an equal opportunities employer.
What is the best way to defend your decision on who you hired?
• Try to be as objective as you can and avoid making unsubstantiated assumptions based on one or more of the protected characteristics such as age, race, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability and/or religion and belief.
How should I make an offer of employment?
• Consider whether to set a deadline for acceptance
• Say how the candidate should respond (to whom and whether it should be in writing)
• Make it clear that the offer is subject to proof of the candidate’s right to work in the UK and, if appropriate, to proof of examinations, that they haven’t got any restrictions on them working, a satisfactory medical examination, a clear DBS check, a clear alcohol and drugs testing and to satisfactory references
• You may want to send the draft contract of employment and handbook to the candidate with your offer.
What should I do with those who weren’t successful?
SHAREThis Insight is #13 in our Employment Handbook series, keep an eye out for more.Whistleblowing Policy An individual blows the whistle when they report or expose wrongdoing to another individual within their business or they report it externally,...
SHAREThis Insight is #12 in our Employment Handbook series, keep an eye out for more. As a matter of law, UK employers must give employees employment contracts which cover the key terms of the employment relationship. As a matter of good practice,...
SHAREThis Insight is #11 in our Employment Handbook series, keep an eye out for more.Sickness Absence Policy Both long-term and short-term sickness absence can be very disruptive to a business, and they can adversely affect productivity. Although...