Restrictive Covenant Solicitors
Why Choose Atkins Dellow as your Restrictive Covenants Solicitor?
Your first consultation is always on us. No obligation, just get in touch.
We’ll go the extra mile to offer you hassle-free legal advice.
We have a solicitor near you. Come to us or we’ll come to you.
No Legal Jargon
No jargon. We speak in plain English just like you.
Restrictive Covenants FAQs
Are Restrictive Covenants Enforceable?
It depends on the circumstances of each restriction. But, in general, post-termination restrictive covenants are only enforceable if they are deemed reasonable to protect a legitimate business interest.
These will be things like:
- Trade secrets
- Prospective or existing clients
- Confidential information
- Connections with suppliers
- Employees of the business
What will the court look at to decide if a restrictive covenant is enforceable?
The court will look at all the circumstances of the case. These can include:
- Whether the employer has legitimate business interests that have to be protected.
- Whether the restrictive covenant is found to deny the employee the right to make a living in their chosen industry or field.
- Whether the restriction is longer than is necessary to protect the interest of the employer.
- Whether the restrictive covenant is wider than is necessary to protect the interest of the employer.
- The position the employee held in the business while employed.
The amount of ‘confidential information’ the employee had access to while they were employed by the business.
SHAREThis Insight is #13 in our Employment Handbook series, keep an eye out for more.Whistleblowing Policy An individual blows the whistle when they report or expose wrongdoing to another individual within their business or they report it externally,...
Guide to Creating a UK Equal Opportunities Policy
SHAREThis Insight is #12 in our Employment Handbook series, keep an eye out for more. As a matter of law, UK employers must give employees employment contracts which cover the key terms of the employment relationship. As a matter of good practice,...
Sickness Absence Policies
SHAREThis Insight is #11 in our Employment Handbook series, keep an eye out for more.Sickness Absence Policy Both long-term and short-term sickness absence can be very disruptive to a business, and they can adversely affect productivity. Although...
Talk to our team
We’re happy to talk through the process with you, explain what we do, and answer any questions you have. There’s no obligation.