POWERS OF ATTORNEY
Court of Protection
Why Choose Atkins Dellow as your Powers of Attorney Solicitors?
Regardless of the challenges, we look after your interests.
Clear-cut solutions to put your mind at ease.
No Legal Jargon
No jargon. We speak in plain English just like you.
We have a solicitor near you. Come to us or we’ll come to you.
Court of Protection FAQs
What is the Court of Protection?
The specific situations that the Court of Protection get involved with are:
• Making the decision about whether someone has the mental capacity to make decisions for themselves
• When it is decided that someone doesn’t have mental capacity, appointing them a deputy to make those decisions on their behalf
• Giving permission for one off decisions to be made for someone who lacks mental capacity
• Deciding on whether there are any objections to the registration of making a lasting power of attorney
• Considering statutory wills and gift applications
• Deciding whether someone has been deprived of their liberty under the Mental Capacity Act
SHAREThe world is a lot smaller than it once was, thanks primarily to rapid technological advances – for one, communication is now lightning quick. In this more international society, many individuals are now more likely to have some form of asset in...
SHAREBe in control of what happens to you. Want to create a Lasting Power of Attorney? Contact our Private Client team today to arrange a no charge consultation 01284 767766.An LPA is a legal document that lets you (the ‘donor’) appoint one or more...
SHAREMitigating disruption and crisis management We’d recommend always having a contingency plan in place especially when considering business assets. Should you ever be in a situation where you can’t make important decisions who have you appointed...